SAFAKNA TURKEY – In conjunction with the “World Salt Awareness Week” held in Edirne from 14 to 20 March, the Edirne Provincial Health Authority has organized a program for businesses and medical professionals working in the city. At an event held at the Edirne Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Provincial Health Director Dr. Ishak Yildirim and prof. Dr. Sedat Ustundag spoke about health problems caused by excessive salt intake.
“SILENT SERIAL KILLER”
Dean of the Faculty of Medical Sciences of Trakya University, who took part as a speaker in the program. Dr. Sedat Ustundag stated that 3 out of 4 people who had a stroke died from excessive salt consumption, adding that salt is a silent serial killer. Ustundag noted that excessive salt intake can lead to various health problems.
WARNING IF YOU SLEEP IMMEDIATELY AFTER MEAL
Claiming that the genetic and biological characteristics of each person are different, prof. Dr. Ustundag recommended measuring blood pressure for those who cannot stand crowds and noise and fall asleep immediately after dinner.
Emphasizing that reducing salt intake provides more effective blood pressure reduction than the use of many drugs, Prof. Dr. Ustundag noted that more than half of people aged 50 to 60 suffer from hypertension and that the incidence will increase with age. Declaring that people do not recognize salt and hypertension, prof. Dr. Ustundag stressed that the proportion of patients whose blood pressure can be controlled is 28 percent.
Speaking at the program, Provincial Health Director Iskhak Yildirim said the World Health Organization recommends 5 grams or less for daily salt intake, and that 5 grams is equivalent to a heaping teaspoon.
- Raise for bags, but not public
- Global markets follow positive dynamics
- The Central Bank announced: the current account deficit in 2022 will be $48.7 billion
- How much is Brent oil worth? – Last minute Turkey and world news
- “State Medal” to the Speaker of the Turkish Grand National Assembly Şentop – News Details
- Six children in France were given the wrong Covid-19 vaccine
- European capital bans night flights
- We eat it because it is healthy, but inside it is no different from poison!
- Danger of hypothermia in seismic zones!
- Those who have heard about the benefits of a mixture of olive oil and lemon run to the kitchen