Muhammet TASHCHILAR / USA (IGFA) – The number of refugees crossing the Mexican border into the US has broken a record. The share of Turkish citizens in this record was also quite high.
According to official data from the US Customs and Border Protection Agency, among those who cross the Mexican border into the US, there are citizens of different countries.
Citizens of Latin American countries mostly cross the Mexican border into the US in search of asylum.
According to Can Kamiloglu of the Turkish Voice of America, the number of Turks who came to Mexico from Turkey and fled to the United States has increased to 31,485 people.
According to the US Customs and Border Protection Agency, 1,944 Turks in 2020, 4,989 in 2021, and 24,362 Turks in 2022 went to the US as refugees from the Mexican border. Over the past 3 years, 253 children from Turkey with their families and 23 children independently crossed the Mexican border into the United States.
Those who move from Mexico to the US as asylum seekers are mostly placed in detention centers in the states of Arizona and Texas after being detained in accordance with the law.
The vast majority of asylum seekers seek asylum in the United States. If the asylum seeker is sponsored by any US citizen, he or she is released within a period of one week to 1.5 months.
Turkish citizens who have crossed the Mexican border into the United States face trial and seek asylum at the last stage, largely because they are discriminated against in Turkey on political grounds, LGBTI or religious preference.
- The peak of the banking index rise was interrupted
- President Erdogan met with Putin – News Details
- What are the benefits of eating yogurt?
- Don’t eat: we are not aware, but it causes sudden crises!
- Network market statement from President Erdogan
- Credit support for traders from the Ministry of Treasury and Finance!
- Scarf with Orban’s “Greater Hungary” map infuriates neighboring countries
- The Worst of Cryptocurrency… – Last Minute Turkey & World News
- “State Medal” to the Speaker of the Turkish Grand National Assembly Şentop – News Details
- 3 homemade recipes to prevent wrinkles around the eyes