Muhammet TASHCHILAR / USA (IGFA) – The number of refugees crossing the Mexican border into the US has broken a record. The share of Turkish citizens in this record was also quite high.
According to official data from the US Customs and Border Protection Agency, among those who cross the Mexican border into the US, there are citizens of different countries.
Citizens of Latin American countries mostly cross the Mexican border into the US in search of asylum.
According to Can Kamiloglu of the Turkish Voice of America, the number of Turks who came to Mexico from Turkey and fled to the United States has increased to 31,485 people.
According to the US Customs and Border Protection Agency, 1,944 Turks in 2020, 4,989 in 2021, and 24,362 Turks in 2022 went to the US as refugees from the Mexican border. Over the past 3 years, 253 children from Turkey with their families and 23 children independently crossed the Mexican border into the United States.
Those who move from Mexico to the US as asylum seekers are mostly placed in detention centers in the states of Arizona and Texas after being detained in accordance with the law.
The vast majority of asylum seekers seek asylum in the United States. If the asylum seeker is sponsored by any US citizen, he or she is released within a period of one week to 1.5 months.
Turkish citizens who have crossed the Mexican border into the United States face trial and seek asylum at the last stage, largely because they are discriminated against in Turkey on political grounds, LGBTI or religious preference.
- A new method for the early detection of Parkinson’s disease has been developed
- Trump under arrest
- Breaking News: “2022 Growth Figures Announced!”
- Keep children away from this product!
- A new advantage of LED lights has been discovered!
- Housing prices have risen!
- Many investors in Borsa Istanbul may be disappointed
- Savings circular from Mehmet Simsek for government institutions!
- LPG imports increased by 124.92 percent year on year.
- Diplomatic assessment of İletişim to the Turkish press in New York – News Details