Yesterday’s official visit of Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Dendias to Libya caused a diplomatic crisis. Dendias did not meet with his counterpart, Libyan Foreign Minister Nekla Mengoush, who refused to get off his plane, which had just landed at Tripoli airport and was waiting at the airport to meet him.
Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Dendias arrived yesterday on an official visit to Tripoli, Libya. Foreign Minister Necla Mengoush was waiting at the Tripoli airport to meet Dendias, but Dendias did not get off the plane and did not meet with Mengoush. Dendias’ plane then flew to Benghazi, where Dendias met with the commander of the Libyan National Army, Khalifa Haftar.
Dendias said in a statement about the incident that he had come to Tripoli to meet with the Chairman of the Libyan Presidential Council, Mohammed al-Menfi, and said: “However, the Foreign Minister of the Libyan Transitional Government was forced to come to the airport for me.” meet with him”.
On the other hand, the Libyan Foreign Ministry issued a statement yesterday saying that the Greek Foreign Minister was allowed to come to Tripoli in accordance with his requirements, and that the Libyan Foreign Minister was in the area to meet with him in accordance with diplomatic rules, and Dendias refused to get off the plane. The Libyan Foreign Ministry stressed that they regret this behavior of the Greek minister and will take the necessary diplomatic measures.
- Fatih Donmez: Our goal; Until the end of March, give our people gas from under the Black Sea
- Acceptance of life as it is and its positive impact on a person
- Housing prices have risen!
- New York is looking for a mouse catcher with a salary of 170 thousand dollars
- ENAG: 170 percent annual inflation
- More than 1 million people watched the Global Impact conference in Russia
- What does the market expect from the dollar? – Last minute Turkey and world news
- USA: “Pfizer-Biontech’s bivalent Covid-19 vaccine has been announced may be linked to cerebral palsy”
- These symptoms could be a sign of a tumor!
- Erdogan met with Zelensky – News details