SAFAKNA TURKEY – The European Union (EU) health agency ECDC has published its risk assessment for the Omicron XBB.1.5 sub-option called “Kraken”.
The ECDC, which has set the overall risk level of Kraken for European countries as “low” for the general population, noted that the risk posed by this sub-option is “moderate to high” for the elderly, unvaccinated, and immunocompromised.
MAY BE dominant in the EU in 1-2 months
Highlighting that this assessment may change in the coming weeks, ECDC shared its forecast that this sub-option will become dominant in the EU within 1-2 months.
The evaluation included the statement “Currently, there is no indication that the severity of XBB.1.5 infection differs from the previously common Omicron sublineages.”
In the last two weeks of 2022, the rate of XBB.1.5 among coronaviruses in Europe was reported to be 2.5 percent, while spreading 12 percent faster than existing variants in the US.
Subvariant XBB.1.5 was first identified in the US in October 2022.
- Recommendations regarding the risk of infection after an earthquake
- Gasoline hype! Current petrol and diesel prices
- Inflation Data Announced – Last Minute Turkey & World News
- What is the price of gold today?
- Asian stocks are confused with China data
- Why should we eat naturally? – Last minute Turkey and world news
- Gold and money specialist: 35 lira will skyrocket
- The price of a liter of diesel fuel fell below 18 lire.
- Former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir loses election after 53 years
- Powerful Source of Vitamin D! Fights diabetes and dangerous diseases