SAFAKNA, TURKEY. The hardships experienced during the earthquake have a profound effect on the health of both those who survived the earthquake and those who watched it from the screen. The stress of an earthquake that occurs in such situations, which can cause psychological problems, can lead to great dangers such as heart attack and stroke.
Millions of people die each year due to a heart attack. Stress is one of the main causes of a heart attack. According to CNN Turk news; It is known that during stress, hormones such as adrenaline are released in the body. It has been reported that when adrenaline is released, the heart beats faster, blood circulation in the body accelerates, and blood pressure rises. The necessary blood flow for the heart itself may not be provided. If the coronary arteries of a person facing extreme stress and fear at a time such as an earthquake were previously clogged/constricted, blood may not reach the heart and brain. This causes a heart attack or stroke. Cardiology Specialist Dr. Murat Shener gave information about this.
INCREASES THE RISK OF THE PALACE
Even minor stress can cause heart problems, such as poor blood flow to the heart muscle. This is a condition in which the heart does not receive enough blood or oxygen. And prolonged stress can affect blood clotting. This makes the blood more viscous and increases the risk of stroke.
CONSTANT STRESS IS HARMFUL
Your body’s response to stress is supposed to protect you. However, if it is continuous, it can harm you. The hormone cortisol is released in response to stress. Studies show that high levels of cortisol as a result of long-term stress can raise cholesterol, triglycerides, blood sugar and blood pressure. These are common risk factors for cardiovascular disease. This stress can also cause changes that contribute to plaque formation in the arteries. In addition, people who experience a lot of stress may smoke or choose other unhealthy ways to deal with stress.
Common responses to stress include:
Earthquake (natural disasters)
Decreased energy and sleep
Feelings of anxiety, anger and depression
- The agricultural input price index increased by 134.76 percent year on year.
- Carnation protest in New York against Sweden’s disrespect
- Heart attack warning for drivers
- Growing demand for HPV vaccine
- Attack on the Azerbaijani embassy in Tehran: 1 person died – Details of the news
- The stock market started the day at a record level
- Second opportunity for EYT members from Bağ-Kur!
- What does base effect mean? – Last minute Turkey and world news
- OECD publishes its second Economic Outlook report for 2022
- Ease of obtaining a visa from Russia to Turkey