SAFAKNA TURKEY – In 2018 by Presidential Decree; It has been established that old-age pensions or old-age pensions, if any, for persons appointed to the positions of Vice President, Ministry and Deputy Minister, will not be cut.
The CHP filed this ruling with the Constitutional Court on the grounds that it was unconstitutional. The statement emphasized that persons appointed by the Vice President, Minister or Deputy Minister were civil servants by qualification, and that issues related to retirement and old-age pensions, as well as other personal rights of these persons, should be regulated by law in accordance with the Constitution.
“STAY IN THE FORBIDDEN ZONE”
In its unanimous decision, the court expressed the following opinion:
“Whereas the rule governing the amount of pensions and old-age pensions which persons appointed by the Vice President or Minister are now receiving on the day of their appointment to that office, or to which they are entitled after appointment to that office, contains a provision on the right of ownership in the Constitution, so the second paragraph of the seventeenth paragraph of Article 104 of the Constitution sentence (If the Turkish Grand National Assembly passes a law on the same issue, the presidential decree becomes invalid) This remains in the restricted area, which cannot be regulated by the CBC in accordance with the CBC.”
THEY CAN GET DOUBLE SALARY FOR ANOTHER 9 MONTHS
The Court approved the annulment provisions, which will come into force nine months after the publication of the decision in the Official Gazette.
Accordingly, the annulment decision will take effect from December 15, 2023, and in the absence of a new ruling, the pensions of vice presidents, ministers and deputy ministers who receive pensions in addition to their current salary will be cut.
- Ways to prevent caries and tooth loss
- China’s Preoccupation with Global Markets – Latest News from Turkey and the World
- President Erdogan’s Congratulatory Phone Call to Malaysian Prime Minister – news details
- 40 generators from Azerbaijan to the earthquake zone – News Details
- After cheese, sausage overtakes meat prices!
- Iftar Dinner in Chicago – News Details
- Theft at a Turkish restaurant in New York – News Detail
- Court decision on a cancer drug not covered by SSI
- Severance pay ceiling announced!
- Core Scientific files for bankruptcy