SAFAKNA TURKEY – Core Scientific Inc, one of the largest publicly traded cryptocurrency mining companies in the US, announced on Wednesday that it had filed for bankruptcy protection.
Austin, Texas-based Core Scientific attributed its bankruptcy to falling bitcoin prices, rising energy costs for bitcoin mining, and $7 million in outstanding debt from one of its largest clients, U.S. crypto-lending organization Celsius Network.
Core Scientific said in its court filings that it posted a net loss of $434.8 million in the three months ending September 30, 2022, and only had $4 million in liquidity at the time it filed for bankruptcy.
The company reached an agreement with restructuring advisers in October and has since been in talks with creditors about a possible bankruptcy filing.
The cryptocurrency industry has lost more than $1 trillion this year as rising interest rates exacerbated fears of an economic slowdown. The crash wiped out key industry players such as cryptocurrency hedge fund Three Arrows Capital and Celsius.
- How much did the dollar and euro cost on the free market?
- Contacts of the Rector of Bingol University in Kosovo – news details
- What is the price of a barrel of oil?
- What is alkalize? Tips for Alkalinizing Your Body I The LifeCo
- Attention to those who want to buy a car! – Last minute Turkey and world news
- Export data for 2022 announced
- Turkish Doctor Accompanied World-renowned Plastic Surgeon for Surgery
- BBP Chairman Destici: High inflation and exchange rate fluctuations have negatively affected Turkey
- Has anti-cancer properties! – Last Minute Türkiye and world news
- Butter rose in price by 17.58% in November.