SAFAKNA TURKEY – Global food prices ended 2022 with negative inflation as they peaked.
World food prices in December decreased by 1 percent compared to the previous year. Prices, on the other hand, were down 1.9 percent from the previous month, bringing their decline to its ninth month.
The World Food Price Index, which tracks monthly changes in the prices of grains, oilseeds, dairy products, meat and sugar compiled by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), fell to 132.4 in December from a revised level of 135 in December. November.
Earlier, the food price index for November was announced at 135.7.
Since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine in February last year, global food prices rose on fears of black sea supply disruptions, but fell on support for a grain corridor agreement signed between the United Nations, Ukraine, Turkey and Russia.
In Turkey, 2022 ended with a strong rise in food prices.
According to the Turkish Statistical Institute (TUIK), food prices rose by 76.8 percent in 2022.
- “2023 will be a golden year for real estate”
- A well-known economist said: “Prepare for the flood.”
- “Side effect” lawsuit against BioNTech – Last Minute Türkiye and World News
- Used cars burn pockets; Prices rose by an average of 83% per year.
- Rocket hit Poland: 2 dead! – News details
- US Crypto Money Warning
- Binance Lists 2 New Trading Pairs, This Altcoin Has Crashed!
- Many investors in Borsa Istanbul may be disappointed
- Application of “fixed price” for beet sugar
- When will the Fed rate decision be announced?