SHAFAQNA Türkiye – A representative of the Turkish Confederation of Trade Unions of Civil Servants of Bilecik Province protested on the grounds that the salary increase for civil servants announced in the second half of 2023 is below expectations.
While the unions affiliated to the Confederation issued a joint statement to the press in all provinces regarding the proposal for promotion of civil servants, union members associated with Kamu Sen who gathered at Cumhuriyet Square in Bilecik expressed their reaction to the promotion.
“ERDOGAN’S WORD WAS NOT COMPLETELY RELATED”
A spokesman for Bilecik Provincial Senator Veli Shahan said a bill to increase the number of civil servants for the second half of 2023 has been submitted to the Turkish Grand National Assembly.
* Our president’s promise that the lowest wage of civil servants would not be lower than the lowest wage of a worker has not been fully fulfilled. Therefore, salary increments for civil servants must be recalculated.
* A law proposal has been prepared which includes an increase of TL 8 thousand 77 over and above the 11.77 percent inflation difference for the first 6 months of 2023 and the 6 percent increase in the collective agreement for 2021.
* This proposal states that the salary of the lowest level civil servants has been increased to 22,000 Turkish Lira. However, the reality is different from what is described. The criterion set for raising the lowest civil servant salary to 22,000 TL was the increase in the lowest civil servant salary in May.
*According to the collective agreement signed in May, the lowest wage for an employee was 22,000 TL as of January 2023. In addition to this figure, an increase of 15 percent will be made in July.
*But when calculating the lowest salary of a civil servant, family allowance and child allowance are also taken into account; Instead of bare wages, dressed wages were taken into account. In other words, while the lowest wage for a worker was 22,000 Turkish lira in January, the lowest wage for a civil servant was only 22,000 Turkish lira in July, including social benefits.
*In fact, the salary of one civil servant of the 1st level of the 15th degree is about 10 thousand 400 Turkish liras. Accordingly, the salary of one officer with the lowest rank will be 20 thousand 300 Turkish liras, and not 22 thousand Turkish liras in July, with a subsequent increase. This figure is 1,700 Turkish liras lower than stated.
Pointing out that the president’s promise that the lowest wage of civil servants would not be lower than the lowest wage of a worker had not been fully implemented, Camu Sen Sahan, the provincial representative, used the following expressions:
* The lowest wage, which was 22,000 TL in January, will be increased by 15 percent in July to 25,300 TL. Thus, between the lowest salary of a worker and the lowest salary of a civil servant, there will be a difference of 5 thousand Turkish liras.
* As can be understood from here, the lowest wages of a worker and the lowest wages of a civil servant were not equalized, and the existing injustice was continued. Thus, our President’s promise that the lowest wage of civil servants would not be lower than the lowest wage of a worker has not been fully fulfilled.
* Therefore, salary increments for civil servants need to be recalculated. In addition, it is assumed that an additional payment of 8 thousand 77 Turkish liras will be paid to civil servants to ensure this increase.
* This additional payment should have been made on top of the base salary and counted towards retirement. However, with the introduced rule, it is assumed that the payment of 8 thousand 77 Turkish liras will not be counted towards retirement.
“IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND THIS INCREASED POSITIVE”
Stating that for many years, retired civil servants have been subjected to great injustice due to the excess of elements in the salaries of civil servants that do not count toward retirement, spokesman Kamu Sen Veli Sahan said: “This injustice will once again increase with the application of additional surcharge. For this reason, this mistake should be corrected immediately and the necessary amendments made in the draft law so that the additional payment is counted as a pension. However, given the development of the economy and the decline in the purchasing power of civil servants; Considering that the additional payment will not be reflected in the pension, we cannot consider this increase to be positive.”
THERE WAS ALSO A PROMOTION IN ESKISEKHIR
Alp Arslan, a representative of the Kamu-Sen Eskişehir branch in Turkey, said: by 6 percent, which is the second increase of the period in 2023, will be applied to the inflationary difference, in addition to this, a social security share will be issued, and this will be done. In addition, care should be taken to ensure that all civil servants, without exception, receive an additional allowance, and that the additional allowance is taken into account as part of the salary.
- Snoring and sleep apnea can be treated
- Jerome Powell’s statement, Bitcoin has fallen!
- Vitamin D deficiency can cause very serious illness
- China lifts all temporary Covid-19 restrictions
- Russia releases data on trade with Iran
- Europe did not consider Hungary suitable for a “term presidency”!
- Damascus International Airport reopened
- EU reserves vaccine production capacity for the future
- After the new cabinet, eyes will be riveted on the minimum wage
- Migros January Campaign – Last Minute Turkey & World News