SHAFAQNA Türkiye – Robin Brooks, Chief Economist at the International Finance Institute (IIF), shared his views on the economic situation in Turkey on his social media account. Brooks, who criticized the economic policy pursued in Turkey earlier and noted its fallacy, this time drew attention to the latest state of the currency of our country.
Brooks used the following statements in a post on his social media account:
“Turkish lira (blue) has once again become the worst-performing emerging market currency. The recent depreciation caused the lira to lose a truly dramatic value of -54%. This depreciation takes into account a factor that includes the inflationary reflection of depreciation. It’s not necessary at all. Türkiye was to become one of the biggest success stories among developing countries…”
- New solution against the fall in the stock market, which came into force today
- Car owners beware: a must, but the price is now astonishing
- Türk Traktör made a net profit of 1.4 billion Turkish Lira in the first quarter of 2023.
- A slap in the face of Greek Foreign Minister Dendias in Libya!
- The share of employees in companies’ costs is declining
- Erdogan met with Zelensky – News details
- Investor in search of profit continues, stock market or gold?
- Russia Adopts Cryptocurrency Law
- Minimum wage negotiations begin! – Last minute Turkey and world news
- Inflation expectations have declined