SHAFAQNA TURKEY – The Turkish Statistical Institute (TUIK) has released the results of the industrial production index for February.
Accordingly, the data of the monthly industrial production survey and the value added tax (VAT) declaration are used to calculate the industrial production index. Force majeure has been declared in earthquake-affected provinces and announcements have been delayed, with 67 percent of responses coming from surveys conducted in those provinces. For this reason, estimates were made using alternative data sources such as e-invoices, e-invoice data, and statistical methods for missing observations in February calculations. The share of the size estimated by these methods in the total volume is determined at 1.94 percent.
In February, calendar-adjusted industrial production fell 8.2 percent year on year. When analyzed by industry subsectors, the mining and quarrying sector index decreased by 18.2 percent, the manufacturing industry index decreased by 8.2 percent, and the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning production and distribution sector index decreased by 4.5 percent. February compared to the same month of the previous year.
Seasonally and calendar-adjusted, industrial production fell 6% in February from the previous month.
In an analysis of industry sub-sectors, the mining and quarrying sector index decreased by 11.2 percent and the manufacturing sector index by 6.6 percent in February compared to the previous month, while the production of electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning and the distribution sector index increased by 1.4 percent.
The unadjusted industrial production index also fell 8.23 percent year on year in February.
- Cultural bridge from the Yunus Emre Institute to America – News Details
- Be careful, allergies can turn into asthma.
- Medical support for 10 people from the TRNC went to Turkey – news details
- Extremely hot tea increases the risk of oral cancer
- Attention to those who want to buy a car! – Last minute Turkey and world news
- Attention! Some types of fish are almost poisonous.
- Cryptocurrency market on fire
- 5 agreements between Turkey and Brunei Darussalam – News Details
- Cavusoglu: The volume of goods transported along the Middle Corridor in 2022 is expected to be 6 times more than in 2021
- The tsunami of infection continues for another two months