SHAFAQNA TURKEY-Consumption of fish is very important for health. Experts state that fish consumed during the winter months is a source of omega-3s. Tuna, which is one of the most commonly consumed varieties of fish, is also considered beneficial. Research on tuna has shown that tuna may contain a highly toxic substance.
Tuna is considered an indispensable part of salads and pasta. Considered healthy and healthy, tuna fish is often eaten. However, some types of tuna can pose health risks. According to a study published by Consumer Reports, some forms of canned tuna contain “unpredictable” mercury emissions, suggesting pregnant women should avoid eating it as it could pose a risk to their unborn baby.
SOME GRADES HAVE MUCH MORE MERCURY
The organization tested 10 canned tuna products from five brands. They found that in 30 samples taken, canned fish contained higher levels of mercury.
The report notes that some types of canned fish, especially pale varieties and hop varieties, often have relatively low average levels of mercury.
However, some varieties, especially albacore, contain much higher levels.
CONSUMPTION OF TUNA IN THESE PEOPLE MAY BE A RISK
“Mercury levels in each carton can rise in unpredictable ways that can compromise fetal health,” said James E. Rogers, director of food safety research and testing at Consumer Reports, in a report. Mercury intake is most risky for infants, children and pregnant women. According to a food safety article published by the University of Washington, potential health risks for children include brain damage, loss of smell and developmental delays, as well as central nervous system problems and possible adverse effects on the cardiovascular system in adults.
The study notes that FDA data showed “a potentially dangerous rise in mercury levels in some individual cans of tuna” while pregnant women “should avoid it entirely” and some adults and children should “restrict” intake.
- Cultural bridge from the Yunus Emre Institute to America – News Details
- Inspection fee increase! – Last minute Turkey and world news
- Bitcoin broke the record of the last 9 months
- Record profits for car manufacturers
- Bitcoin breaks $19,000 level
- The Central Bank of the Russian Federation is expected to keep the discount rate unchanged
- Where is money transferred from foreign currency to TL?
- The AKP will take a step back
- Binance Lists 2 New Trading Pairs, This Altcoin Has Crashed!
- Putin’s Special Envoy for Syria Lavrentyev: US pressures Syrian Kurds not to talk to Damascus regime