SHAFAQNA Türkiye – Diabetes is caused by insufficient production of insulin, a hormone that helps regulate blood sugar levels. High blood sugar levels can cause a wide range of health problems. The importance of a healthy diet for lowering and balancing blood sugar levels is highlighted at every opportunity. The spice, which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, helps control blood sugar levels.
A study published in the Journal of Diabetes Research found that cinnamon tea can lower postprandial blood sugar levels within 30 minutes. In case you didn’t know, postprandial blood sugar is a measurement of blood sugar concentration up to four hours after a meal. Mean postprandial blood glucose levels are considered an important factor in blood sugar control.
To find out if cinnamon tea affects blood glucose measurement, the researchers studied 30 non-diabetic adults aged 20 to 53. Volunteers were randomly divided into two groups. One was the control group and the other enjoyed a sweet hot drink. In addition, participants were asked not to take cinnamon the day before the intervention.
Blood samples were taken from each participant at 30 minutes, 60 minutes, 90 minutes and 120 minutes later in both the control and cinnamon groups. The results showed that cinnamon powder provided a “significant reduction” in postprandial blood sugar levels 30 minutes after consumption. While this study only focused on people without diabetes, other studies have also found a promising link between cinnamon and blood sugar levels.
For example, a study published in the Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics also highlighted this benefit.
- President Erdogan traveled to Doha, the capital of Qatar – News Details
- It all happened after surgery to remove a herniated disc!
- Inflation rising gold prices!
- The Danger of “Lead” in Dark Chocolate and Cocoa
- Gold price rises – Last Minute Türkiye and World News
- Specialist warning for diabetics – Last Minute Türkiye and World News
- What should be done before pregnancy?
- prof. Dr. Janan Karatay explained: If taken every morning, it replaces the medicine!
- Developed a device that detects Alzheimer’s disease in 6 minutes
- Frustration at EYT never ends!